Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Healthified Fare: Margarita Grilled Chicken

Ingredients
  • 2/3 c. lemon juice
  • 1/3 c. lime juice
  • 1/4 c. tequila
  • 1 Tbsp minced garlic
  • 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
  • salt
  • pepper

Directions
  1. Combine juices, tequila, and garlic in a dish with the chicken breasts and let marinate for two hours in the refrigerator.  When ready to prepare, drain and season with salt and pepper.
  2. Preheat the grill to medium-high heat.
  3. Spray the grill with cooking spray and cook the chicken breasts until cooked through, about 6 to 8 minutes each side.

So today was not one of my best days personally, but I still wanted to go ahead and try this recipe...mainly since it involved pulling out a bottle of tequila ;-)  I used freshly squeezed lemon and lime juice - hello therapeutic activity - and extra garlic (because I love it.)  I let the chicken marinate in a gallon-sized zip top baggie and it made the need for clean-up virtually non-existent.  Now, I'm pretty new to grilling, so I figure the more experience I can get under me belt, the better.  Tonight was actually super easy.  In addition, the chicken had lots of flavor and was very juicy.  Both girls followed me from the back of the house to the kitchen so that they could try it because it smelled so awesome and both cleared their respective plates.  I served it with jasmine rice mixed with scallions, pineapple, and diced peppers and fresh steamed broccoli.  We will definitely be having this again! 

*America's Most Wanted Recipes Without the Guilt

2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. It was. We will be enjoying this with a cold drink and maybe some nice chilled watermelon (or homemade ice cream) or something similar this summer for sure. The flavor was fantastic and Brooke Lynne wanted to know if she could bring it to school for lunch tomorrow...

      Delete